Friday, March 16, 2012

Welcome! A review of this week.

Hello! I'll try to write this in a level that all of you can understand.

This week in the PET class we reviewed units 1 to unit 3.2 and will finish the workbook exercises for it on Tuesday. I have found some more links for you to practice, Alberto, so if you have time here they are: e-grammar, time clauses, and the British Council. You can use these as well Miryam. If you have any questions, just comment below and María and I will get your message, be sure to direct your question to one of us so that you don't get duplicated responses.

In the First Certificate Speaking class we have worked on using the past tenses, some of the modals for speculation and deduction and we will use modals of obligation and necessity later today. Later on I will upload the speaking prompts to Google-docs so that you can look at them and remember the exercise. Remember to use general expressions to start speaking and give you time to think.  Please also remember that you can do practice FCE exercises at Floe Joe at the link to the right.

In the Advanced class, José Antonio and I have done the review of Style and Register, and plan to finish Cohesion and Punctuation by the next class. Please also remember to e-mail me your essay, so that I can check it against the outline you gave me from class yesterday. I will also find a news essay topic for you to begin your next writing assignment.

Thanks for all your contribution this week and keep up the good work. You will be able to achieve your goals if we stay on top of our work and encourage each other!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment